Monday, June 16, 2008

Chalk Art Festival

This last Saturday the "Grimshaw girls" got together, like we have for the past four years, and participated in the Chalk Art Festival at the Gateway mall. This year's creation was probably my favorite and by far the easiest. In the past it has usually taken us 8 or more hours to finish our chalk art but this year I would say it took 4 to 5. This year as well we had the privledge of being featured artists because we won last years competition for "Best use of Medium." My sis-in-law Camille is the one who got us girls involved in this to begin with and is the only true artist. She draws it and we color in the lines. I'm am so glad she asked us all to join her four years ago because it is so much fun to hang out with my family and create something together! Love you girls!
This year we decided to make one of Camille's famous mermaids. She picked me to be her lovely model....lol.

This is what the picture looked like when I first got to the Gateway Saturday morning. Camille and my mom started it Friday.

My cute mom chalkin away

Amy workin on the mermaid's tail

Camille the Artist


Tricia and her mad coloring skills


FINISHED!!!!!!!!!





This was done by another featured artist and I loved it!!!!


This is the one we won for last year


And this was the first one that started it all



If you want to see more of my cute sis-in-law's art go to http://www.camillioncreations.com/

6 comments:

Gold-E said...

That is so cool! I saw this on the news and was bummed I didn't know about it otherwise I would've checked it out. Well done :)

Elizabeth R said...

Nice work friend. Im upset I cant open the last 5 or so pictures but I will get over it. Im so impressed with your mad skills.

Becky said...

yes I absolutely LOVED your mermaid. We just happened to be there this time, but we usually go every year! You guys do an awesome job!

Becky

The sMurphy's said...

So... can we see the actual picture where you were modeling? lol! I wish I could have seen it in person. I bet there were a lot of cool pics!

TomKat said...

This is awesome! How fun! what a great thing to do with the girls :)

Aubrie said...

Becca that is so neat! My mom took Kennedei down to that but I had no idea you did this. I love you as a mermaid.