Sunday, August 31, 2008

Slumber Party!



All last week I had been so excited for the weekend to come because I got to have my niece Erin over for a slumber party! It was her first night away from home and she did so well. We had put her in our guest bedroom which is right next to our bedroom. Bryan and Camille told me to have a night light for her because she gets scared. The only thing I had was a light that was neon blue. Needless to say she did not like that and instead of comforting her it freaked her out more. We ended up putting her in the living room and turned the porch light on and she fell right asleep. I could not have asked for a more perfect house guest. She behaved so well. My brother and Camille have raised a great kid and I hope I turn out to be great parents like they are. Anyway I love my cute little niece and I can't wait to have her over again. Thanks Bryan and Camille for letting me have her for the night. Below are some pictures I took of our fun weekend.








OH....and while Erin took her afternoon nap I made my first Amish friendship bread! Now a normal person would not be excited about making bread, but I have never done it before so I was pleased with the outcome. It tasted delicous. It may not look all pretty or Martha Stewart like, but I was proud of the outcome with it being my first attempt at it. Thanks Elizabeth for giving me the starter!





3 comments:

Aubrie said...

Aww Im so proud you baked friend! And your little niece is a doll :o)

The sMurphy's said...

Well Ms. Suzy-home-maker, when do I get a niece or a nephew who can have long slumber parties in Cincinnati? Erin such a cutie, I wish we were a little closer so her and Devon could play more! :\

Elizabeth R said...

Aww! Im so proud of you for actually making it! If you made the 4 starters you should have.. give one to me cause Im all out! Beautiful!

PS.. you need to become a mommy soon... it fits you.